Sunday December 3rd, 2023 – Town Wide Holiday Festival – Town of Schuyler Falls
The 3rd Annual Town Wide Holiday Festival is Sunday December 3rd in the Town of Schuyler Falls. This afternoon and evening event includes the holiday tree lighting and lighted fire truck parade at the Town Hall, with activities for all at the Schuyler Falls hamlet and at the River Street Park, Morrisonville. Admission is free and all are welcome.
This is a time for residents, friends, and neighbors to connect during this festive holiday season. Light refreshments will be available at both venues. All activities are outdoors and subject to appropriate weather.
- At 1 pm in the Schuyler Falls hamlet, join the annual family tree-decorating and more at 954 Route 22B (Route 22B and Norrisville/Pocket Hill Roads). Children are invited to put their letters to Santa in the North Pole mail box located there. Hosted by Ryan’s Masonry.
- From 3 pm to 7 pm in River Street Park off Mason Street, Morrisonville, enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides, DJ with music & caroling, kids’ activities, and trail walks. Join in before and after tree-lighting. Continues until 7 pm, under the lighted gazebo, weather permitting.
- At 4:30 pm, gather at the Town Hall (997 Mason St) for 10th annual Tree Lighting. Plenty of parking is available also, and a great parade viewing site. Parade participants arrive at the top of Mason Street hill staging area.
- At 4:40 pm the Lighted Truck Parade starts at the top of the hill on Mason Street – with vehicles representing many units from all around the area. The parade travels down the hill on Mason Street by the Town Hall then left onto Emory Street to the post office, right on Route 22B, right on Mason Street then left onto River Street to the Park and Ladue Street, where they will pause for close-up viewing and enjoying the River Street Park activities.
- At 5 pm a special guest (S. C.!) arrives at River Street Park to meet with children and families.
The Town of Schuyler Falls wishes everyone a healthy and happy holiday season. This event caps the Town’s anniversary year, celebrating its founding 175 years ago in 1848.
Volunteers are always appreciated. For information or to volunteer, contact the Town Hall at 518-563-1129 for Kevin Randall, Town Supervisor (cell 518-578-9476) or Historian Barb Benkwitt (cell 518-565-6263, email@example.com )